FarCry Developer Jump Start
Try the FarCry 5.1 Jump Start Course - its absolutely the best place to start learning how to tailor your own FarCry solution.
- UNIT 01 - Introducing the Course — FarCry Core is a web application framework based on the ColdFusion language. FarCry CMS is a popular content management solution built with FarCry Core. As a community, we provide support for the framework, CMS, and a host of community plugins including libraries for Google Maps, image manipulation, free text searching, and many more.
- UNIT 02 - Installation — After completing this unit you should be familiar with the specific system requirements and the various options for a typical FarCry installation. Completion of this unit is necessary to set up your local development environment for the rest of the course.
- UNIT 03 - FarCry Overview — FarCry provides a variety of out-of-the-box services including a comprehensive array of content management options. However, FarCry is in fact a web application framework that can be used to build sophisticated solutions that go way beyond a typical content management platform. One of the first steps to understanding what's possible is getting to grips with what installs by default.
- UNIT 04 - Webskins I — In this unit we learn about webskins: the "view" for FarCry Framework. Webskins form the presentation tier of any FarCry application. By the end of this unit you should have a basic understanding of how webskins are managed, their relationship to content types and how to create your own.
- UNIT 05 - Content Types — This unit covers the fundamental building blocks of any FarCry application: the Content Type. By the end of this unit you should be able to create and deploy your own content types.
- UNIT 06 - Content Relationships — By the end of this unit you will have learnt how to relate content types to one another, using one-to-many and many-to-many relationships. You will be able to create user interfaces to allow editors to select and relate objects from libraries.
- UNIT 07 - Webskins II — This unit is a workshop to discuss how to hook up different content types in the presentation tier - linking from one view to the next by the content's relationships.
- UNIT 08 - Object Broker, View Caching — By the end of this unit you will be able to apply caching to various aspects of your applications to dramatically increase performance.
- UNIT 09 - The Webtop — By the end of this unit you will be able to modify the webtop tabs, sub-sections and menus.
- UNIT 10 - Building Forms — After completing this unit you will be able to build your own FarCry forms to edit and save content objects.
- UNIT 11 - Plugins I — By the end of this unit, we should have an understanding of how FarCry navigates our project and plugins to find both content type metadata and relevant webskin locations.
- zArchive of Earlier Jump Start Courses — If you are looking for an older version of the Jump Start courseware then this is the place.
Instructor Lead Training
Daemon provides face-to-face and remote, online training for all FarCry courseware. Support the FarCry community: please consider investing in instructor lead training, mentoring and development support for your team.
Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Daemon Pty Limited