These notes only refer to upgrading from a working 5.x project.
Upgrading from 3.x or 4.x
If you are attempting to upgrade from an earlier version of FarCry you must upgrade to 5.x first.
Upgrading from 6.0.x to 6.0.x
There are several significant changes between FarCry 5.x and 6.x. Hopefully we've made these changes relatively painless by automating most of them through the updater. However, given the number of automated changes we strongly recommend you put in the appropriate preparation for upgrading.
- Backup your code base; the updater will make changes to your code
- Backup your database; the updater will make numerous schema changes
- Update ./farcry/core to the FarCry 6.x (Formality) build
- Check your CF mapping to make sure its pointing to the new release
Make Sure You Have Everything Backed-up!
Did we mention that the updater will make changes to your data schema and code base?!
FarCry 6.x was primarily a UI overhaul. There are few changes to the database schema. However, if you have project customisations you made need to make some changes to your code base to take advantage of the latest improvements, or if you have used deprecated code in your customisations to get them to work in the first place.
- You may experience errors on the upgraded website. The first suggestion after the upgrade is to login to the webtop (using /webtop) go to admin > coapi utilities and make sure any undeployed properties are deployed.