The FarCry Installation guide should assist in basic scorched earth installations of FarCry 6.x, in addition to upgrading and migrating earlier FarCry projects.
Upgrading to Formality (v6.0)
You should be able to upgrade from FarCry 5.2 with little or no difficulty. Please note you may need to make project code changes to accommodate the removal of deprecated code. Be sure to read through Upgrading to 6.x From 5.x if you have an existing installation of FarCry earlier than v5.2.
Look for the most recent FarCry Community distribution here: http://www.farcrycore.org/download
Simple Install From Webroot
- Make sure you do not have a web mapping for /farcry (if you do, remove it now)
- Download the latest milestone release (http://www.farcrycore.org/download)
- Unpack the zip in to a folder called ./farcry under the webroot
- You should have ./farcry/core, ./farcry/projects, ./farcry/plugins, ./farcry/skeletons when you are done
- Create a blank database and point a datasource to it in CF Administrator
- Browse to http://localhost/farcry or equivalent (you should be redirected to http://localhost/farcry/core/webtop/install)
- Follow the installer instructions on your screen
- Yep. It's that easy.
CRITICAL: Remove Old FarCry CF Mappings
If you are installing farcry framework under the webroot, make sure you do not have a coldfusion mapping for /farcry. This may be the case if you are installing on a server where a previous version of FarCry was installed.
There are four Deployment Configurations supported by the Fortress installer:
- Advanced: CF Mapping
- Advanced: Web Server Mapping
Watch this space...
- download latest core
- download skeleton
- download plugins (note: webroots for plugins must be updated; manifest and application.cfc)
Install Case Studies
- Upgrading to 6.x From 5.x — These notes only refer to upgrading from a working 5.x project.
- Deployment Configurations — There are several recommended deployment options. Given the flexibility of the environment many other configurations are possible, however, they will not be specifically tested for. These deployment options will be fully supported in the FarCry Core installer.
- updating to a newer milestone
Contribute Your Case Study
If you have a case study of how you installed FarCry in your specific environment we'd love to hear about it. Please feel free to create a page describing your installation and set the parent to this page. A link will automatically appear in the list above