Need to address the UI for container reflection management. As theming best practices evolve its becoming increasingly important to make container management as intuitive as possible.
This is a working paper for a suggested feature enhancement to FarCry 5.0.x
Current Container Reflection UI
<con:container label="#stobj.objectID#_Body" defaultMirrorLabel="Body">
When a page is run for the first time the following container events occur:
- check for container of name "label" in database
- if none found, create a container with name "label"; note this typically is prefixed by objectid to make unique to the page
- check for container of name "defaultMirrorLabel" in database
- if none found, create a container with name "defaultMirrorLabel"; note this typically is descriptive as its used as the display label
- assign mirrorid for the newly created "label" container to point to the "reflected" container called "defaultMirrorLabel"
That is, newly created containers are always assigned a reflected container if this is nominated in the code.
This is a basic list of features container management is suppose to address, in no particular order of importance:
- container can be unique to page
- container can be shared across pages (or reflected)
- container can be prepopulated when a page is first created without user intervention (currently done with defaultMirrorLabel)