We recently moved a customer over from FC6 to FC7. They have a support page where they provide a link to a teamviewer.exe file, so they can give 'on the fly' support by sharing screen with their clients. However the file would be downloaded and tried run as teamviewer.exe when tried downloaded with Internet Explorer (other browsers worked happily).
I found the solution to be a small change in the core/tags/farcry/download.cfm file on line 146
I changed it from
<cflocation url="#stLocation.path#" addtoken="false" />
<cflocation url="#urldecode(stLocation.path)#" addtoken="false" />
This is when the stLocation.method is set as "redirect". I have not tested if the same change has to be done when the stLocation.method is "stream".
The reason was that the stLocation.path variable was /files/dmfile/TeamViewer%2Eexe - when it obviously has to be /files/dmfile/TeamViewer.exe for IE to download it correctly.